Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Follow up: Shiny Shoes

I have to share my shoe story from graduation. And it is a short but funny one!! My friend Michael gave me the shoes as a graduation present, right after I published my blog, which was so thoughtful and wonderful and over the top! I found a pair of dark gold silk wedges, embellished with sparkling clear and gold 'gems' on the top of the foot. Sandals of course, and the gold I thought went ever well with my bright pink dress AND the gown which would envelope me in yards of black, blue, and gold fabric. Just enough bling to make up for the fact that I was completely lost in all that garb!

I wore my shoes like a badge of honor! They were beautiful, and comfortable, and made me feel special walking across the stage. I wore them all day, and thought little about them as I arrived to attend the second ceremony. What I didn't realize was that we would be on stage at Aycock Auditorium, and that I would be sitting on the end of the very front row. Who knew I would be the first to walk in? I was glad I had really nice shoes on.

After the ceremony, my family came up to me chuckling. My husband told me he didn't realize that I was such a fidgety person! When I asked why, he informed me that my feet, emblazoned with light throwing fake gems, were sending morse code messages to the audience...THE ENTIRE TIME! At first, I was a bit mortified. How could I have not had quiet feet? And then I decided it was perfect shoe entertainment! I must have annoyed and entertained an entire audience!

Good thing I bought pretty shoes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I noticed the bouncing and tapping of the pretty gold shoes. But Hey! You were getting your Ph.D. You could fidget as much as you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like watching a Morse Code signal!

    ReplyDelete